Supine - PCNL for a renal stone in the left renal pelvis using dual action lithotripsy
After flexible cystoscopy and occlusion balloon placement a standard PCNL is performed. A 24 Fr. access is facilitated by balloon dilation in order to extract the stone using a dual action lithotripsy device. After final inspection with a flexible nephro-cystoscope the access is closed and a ureteral stent is placed retrogradely.
Reason for PCNL:
2.5 cm stone of the left renal pelvis.
- Patient history: left renal colic
- no postop complications; bladder
- catheter removal at day-1 postop
- Stent removal at 15-day postop.
- Stone free at 1-month post-op
- Stone analysis: calcium oxalate dihydrate